I'M SO EMBARRASSED
LIke really James?? This is how far you've come? Ouch!
- Forgetting to turn on the camera so that both host and guest can be seen...
- then rambling on and on, asking questions without pausing for a response from the guest...
- then choosing to rather make instant statements that are followed up with more ranting...
- and then finally, finally, after all the mess, you create the opening for the guest to speak?
Wow... like really James??
Where in your life can you relate with wanting to enjoy the progression of how far you've come, yet at times strangely bewildered at the lack of it?
Where in your life do you feel like there is a lack of progress, a lack of enjoying the process, and a lack of executing without stumbling along?
I BET YOU NEVER SAW SOMEONE WIN SO HARD & LOSE SO HARD AT THE SAME TIME
Boy oh boy did I ever nail this podcast. I felt like i executed my desired outcome with precision and laser-like accuracy.
I hit the target... bull's eye... making Amy Ku feel safe to be open and comfortable just to be her.
Yet, strangely and at the very same time, I lost about as hard and maybe even greater than the win I had just participated with.
I delivered on my best-laid plans - CHECK
I achieved my highest standard - CHECK
I executed a win/win outcome - CHECK
So why on God's green earth would I feel so off when I literally just checked off all the boxes?
Why was I so embarrassed at my perceived place of progress?
ASK YOURSELF... WHEN IS THE LAST TIME THIS HAPPENED TO YOU?
Antiquated meanings that we apply to the words progress, process, and stumbling along, determine and reveal how presently aware we actually are.
These are words that we all experience every day.
The meanings of these words define to the exact degree whether or not we'll be able to see what's directly before our eyes.
We say we see what's in front of us, however, I'd argue...
we oftentimes see very little of that which is directly before us.
Hidden in plain sight, directly beneath our nose and within the ease of reach all around our being, are the specific ingredients coupled with the precise measure of what is most needed to design the specific ultimate life journey you and I crave most.
Choosing to be anything less than grateful seems to disallow the light free access to enter and flow through our being, and rather, it toggles the valve to the "off" position.
Where once our valve of light allowed the light in, the light now seems to strangely refract away as it hits the closed valve and bounces in another direction.
Where once we chose to be grateful for it all, we now seem to have wandered towards the slippery slope of selective gratitude.
Selective gratitude is a variety of gratitude that is only happy if it gets what it prefers and it wants for its own survival needs. It disallows any appreciation for experiences that don't match perfectly with our rules of a good life. Ouch.
Let it be known that the light is always wanting to enter.
It is us - you and the I - that ultimately determines whether the light has free reign to pierce through our being or whether we will stifle and shut it out by our lack of pure gratitude for the moment.
PROGRESS, PROCESS, STUMBLING ALONG
1. Unless we find a way to be grateful and even enjoy any and all progress without the unhelpful side of judgment, we shall end up miserable.
2. Unless we find a way to be grateful and even enjoy the entire process without the unhelpful side of judgment, we shall live in a miserable state.
3. Unless we find a way to be grateful and even enjoy our stumbling along, we shall.....
Live out a miserable life experience.
How can we be authentically grateful for any and all progress, for the entire process, and for the stumbling along that we all seem to enact as we move through the motions of life?
HERE'S A SURE-FIRE WAY TO MASSIVELY MOVE THE NEEDLE...
1. Update antiquated meanings you give to the words progress, process, and stumbling along.
2. Set yourself up to win: Take the definitions and meanings of each word - and upgrade them from a disempowering meaning to an empowering energizing meaning. By doing so you'll take words that we experience every day, and turn the constant threat of "bad news" into the consistent experience of enjoying the "good news".
- WHO DOESN'T WANT TO SET THEMSELVES UP TO WIN BY SIMPLY REDEFINING WORDS THAT ONCE SET YOU UP FOR THE UNHELPFUL SIDE OF ANXIETY AND NEEDLESS SIDE OF SHAME?
- WHO DOESN'T WANT TO EMBRACE AND UTILIZE NEW MEANINGS THAT DEFINE A RICHER, TRUER, & MORE HELPFUL VERSION OF WHAT THEY WERE ACTUALLY DESIGNED TO BRING US?
- WHO DOESN'T WANT TO THROW WIDE OPEN THE CURTAINS AND LET THE BLAZEN BEAUTY OF LIGHT SHINE STRAIGHT IN?
If you want to...
EXPERIENCE A RAW, HONEST & UNFILTERED CONVERSATION WITH MYSELF ON EMBARRASSMENT where we talk about...
What's beneath the surface of it all
How to rewrite your journey by allowing the progress of your life to become the good news vs. the constant threat of bad news
How not taking the time and care to process your day well will lead you to a hellish outcome
What your superpower of stumbling along can bring alive in you in order to gain a deep and orgasmic experience of the rich life
A little formula and exercise that will lead you from experiencing the old disempowering version to shifting to the new life enriching version of progress, process, and stumbling along
How and why you'll want to expand your Emotional IQ - building a mature and meaningful relationship with the core emotion of the heart, the core emotion of the mind, and the core emotion of the body.
Have a little listen to podcast #21
If you realize, think or feel that you need me, feel free to reach out to me by sending me an email at coach@JamesHeppner.com
Again... enjoy the show